Thursday, October 31, 2013

Maryland Oyster Festival

The weekend after the wedding we headed to southern Maryland  for the oyster festival. Despite me not liking oysters it was a lot of fun. There were craft shows, a terribly inappropriate puppet show, lots of free samples, lots of different types of food, a farm museum, and the U.S. Oyster Shucking Contest. The contest was pretty cool. They had to see how fast and neat they could shuck oysters. Then they would bring them out to the crowd and pass them out. I think that was one of Logan's favorite parts! I'm proud to say I tried all the free samples and some were even not so bad. Though for lunch I chose a turkey sandwich. :) We had a lot of fun and our looking forward to going again next year.
Farm Museum

Farm Musuem

Oyster Shooter


The cooking contest building (aka
all the free samples!)

Some of the MANY empty shells





Shucking Contest

Logan enjoying a free oyster
at the shucking contest



My first taste-yuck!


Free sample-not so bad!


free sample time

Me trying Logan's lunch-YUCK!

My turkey lunch

The end of Logan's lunch

Amazing hot cider & kettle
corn while watching the
shucking contest
cont

No comments: